Friday, May 4, 2007

Recent Happenings

I have not mentioned that I'm breaking new ground. Earlier this week, I got word that I had been accepted, evidently after a secret vote, in to the Westchester MOMS club - the first dad to be admitted. It's good to have a truly local network of parents I can get to know, and hopefully more dads will join. Yesterday, I attended a playground meeting at Sand Dune park in Manhattan Beach. They have a nice playground and a huge sand dune. Evan wanted nothing to do with the toddler area so I let him play on the bigger kids' equipment instead.

When changing Evan yesterday, I tried to calm him down with a song (he's been really restless during diaper changes lately). To my surprise, as I sung "Itsy Bitsy Spider" (terribly), Evan started with the correct hand gestures. I guess he has been learning it in day care!

I noticed that Evan's 12 month clothes are getting noticeably tight - so he's definitely growing.

At dinner, I offered Evan 2 million Dong (about $140) to eat a piece of arugula but he did not go for it. A million just isn't what it used to be. I'm not sure Evan really understood my offer anyway.