Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Fifth Flight

Yesterday was Evan's fifth flight of his life (and first domestic). I carefully booked a big plane on a less busy day but it was still 100% full. When we boarded, I eyed the person in the seat in front of me and I just knew, from his Bose noise cancelling headphones and designer sunglasses that he was a recliner. Sure enough, his seat went all the way back the moment the wheels came up. This did not give Evan and me much space since 1) the guy in front of me was in my lap and 2) Evan was in my lap and he has big belly. To make things worse, my neighbor was beefy, so things were tight.

In all, the flight was just fine. Evan ate through all the snacks I brought, read his books, played with his toys, and played with me. It turned out to be a great one-on-one bonding experience. Evan was laughing out loud at one game we played and I was just waiting for somebody to complain about Evan being too happy. My neighboring passengers were quite friendly and patient with Evan's offers of cantaloupe.

I tagged all my bags and Evan to make sure nothing would get misplaced: