Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Stood Up!

No, Evan did not just stand up - he's been doing that for a long time now. We got stood up - for a date...a playdate. Not only that but this was my, er, Evan's first playdate. It was traumatic, to say the least.

I had cleaned up the house, made sure there was a variety of snacks for the kids, set out the martini glasses for the adults, and dressed Evan in his best playdate outfit. We then went out front to wait. We watered the maple trees and waited some more. We watered the front flower bed and waited some more. We watered the grass. Finally, 15 minutes into the one-hour date, I figured C & L (names withheld) were past the normal grace period I would give any busy parent. A phone call confirmed my fear that we had been stood up. Dejected, Evan and I wandered to the back yard, drained the pool, deflated the play castle, and sent the entertainers home. It was really going to be great but I guess we'll never know.

Here's a recent picture of Evan, who likes to climb into the cubicle shelves in his room: