Sunday, February 24, 2008

Potty Training?

So, yesterday, an innocent comment I made evolved into a pretty funny scene.

Evan just got a train with some little people that bend at the waist (so they can fit in the cars). I was working on the computer with Evan on my lap and he put two of the people on my keyboard. One was in the bent over position. This was a teachable moment. We're working on potty training, and most parents know that a key step is putting language to the various acts. Evan and I already discuss what it means when he is bent over and grunting...

So, I remarked that the little person was going poo-poo. Evan agreed and wanted the other person to go too. Here's a picture of the two characters at that point:
Evan grunted and repeated "poo poo" several times. Figuring the game was over, I grabbed on person and straightened him up, whereupon Evan loudly said "No! MORE". This is exactly what he says when I ask him if he's done and he's not.

With this post, I can safely say I have gone over to the dark side of parenthood. To my non-parent friends, I can confidently say you are now better off deleting me from your address books.

No comments: